District and Building Energy Systems workshop
INDIGO organized for the third year in a row a clustering workshop within the Conference Sustainable Places 2019.
The title of the workshop was District and Building Energy Systems: A collaborative exchange of results on optimal system operation for energy efficiency, focusing on optimisation of energy systems.
The event, moderated by Raymond Sterling (R2M Solution), counted with the participation of the projects:
- INDIGO: Jesús Febres (IK4-Tekniker) “A virtual Test-Bed for Model Predictive Control Developments in District Cooling Production Systems”.
- Thermoss: Federica Fuligni (Exergy) “Optimising with heat pumps: from centralised systems to district heating networks”.
- E2District: Martin Klepal (Cork Institute of Technology) “E2District – Evaluation and experience from DHC demonstration sites”
- OPTi: Khalid Atta (Lulea University of Technology) “Integration of waste heat from data centers in district heating networks: A post-OPTi project case study”.
- RESPOND: Nikola Tomasevic (Institute Mihajlo Pupin) “Integrated Demand Response solution for residential buildings: an adaptive Performance Measurement and Verification methodology”.
- REACT: Federico Seri (NUI Galway) “Energy dispatching optimization for self-sustainable island communities”.
The paper with the summary of the presentations is available here.